Tuesday, December 28th, 2021 - 47 minutes
- We had the Southern Governors holding meetings and making declarations.
- We had LGA Elections here in Lagos.
- Anambra elected Chukwuma Soludo as Governor.
- The court ordered INEC to un-deregister the Youth Party.
- President Buhari nominated Lauretta Onochie to be an INEC Commissioner.
- A coalition of northern food producers attempted a Food Blockade of the South
Isa Pantami was in the news for past comments about Boko Haram and Al Qaeda.
- In the Southwest we had the rise and arrest of Sunday Igboho and his Yoruba Nation movement.
- In the Southeast, you had IPOB’s Sit At Home threats, and Nnamdi Kanu’s Extraordinary Rendition and trial
- This year, the National Assembly passed the Electoral Act Amendment, after a long controversy over Electronic Transmission.
- And then, President Buhari vetoed it.
There was also of course the Twitter Ban
- We also had loads of PDP Governors defecting to APC And this revived the debate over whether or not the parties are the same.
- Governor Seyi Makinde made the point that Professionals needed in politics
And there CANNOT be a political year without a party leadership crisis. Last year, it was the APC. This year, it was the PDP.
#NigeriainfoHF | Sandra Ezekwesili
High: 26°C | Low: 20°C