On Air Now

Relationship360

7:00am - 9:00am

No Part of Nigeria Under Terror Threat –Monguno

You are viewing content from Nigeria Info, Let's Talk! Lagos. Would you like to make this your preferred location?

The federal government has assured Nigerians that the country’s security agencies are working to crush any terror incident.

This was the trust of the briefing by the National Security Adviser (NSA), Major General Babagana Monguno (rtd) after Monday’s Emergency National Security Council meeting chaired by President Muhammadu Buhari at State House, Abuja.

Monguno, who briefed journalists alongside the Director General of the National Intelligence Agency (NIA), Ahmed Rufai Abubakar; the Chief of Defence Staff, Lucky Irabor; and the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Geoffrey Onyema rebuked foreign missions in Nigeria for creating “needless security panic” through unsolicited “terror alerts.”

The NSA said no part of Nigeria was under terror threat.

“From the time this alarming story came out until now, about a week to ten days, we can see that so far, the situation has been brought under control,” he said.

“The issue of Nigerians being made to panic is unnecessary.

“It is false, it is irresponsible for anybody to give that signal.

“We are working with our foreign partners in a responsible way and Nigerians should go back to their normal daily undertakings without being put in a situation of fear.”

Similarly, the Minister of Foreign Affairs and the DG of NIA both said security personnel and the government will sustain engagement but that the security situation in Abuja and Nigeria does not call for panic.


Weather

  • Lagos Weather

    Thunder storm

    High: 32°C | Low: 26°C